Monday, August 27, 2012

Tiny Things In Milan

The Delicacy of Tiny Things
I will be featured in a 2 person show at Galleria Patricia Armocida in Milan!  The show is titled The Delicacy of Tiny Things and I will show with Korean artist KAPPAO.  I'm very excited to show in Milan and to work with Patricia.  I think this is a great pairing.  I will exhibit a selection of my embroidery work as well as my carving work.  I have revisited my pencil carvings and made a lot of exciting new pieces for this show.  Please stop by if you're in Milan!

I had planned on being there for the opening, but we had an emergency repair bill last month that sucked $8K from our wallets.  It had to be done and so with a heavy heart I cancel my trip to Milan.  I'm so sorry I can't be there to meet everyone, but I have a feeling there will be plenty of opportunities in the future!

THE DELICACY OF TINY THINGS
DIEM CHAU - KAPPAO
September 18th - November 10th, 2012
Opening Reception: September 18 at 7:00 PM

GALLERIA PATRICIA ARMOCIDA
Via Lattanzio 77, 20131 Milano - IT
tel. +39 0236519304/ +39 3397291034

The Last Bear
The Last Bear 2012
Carved carpenter's pencil
I wanted you to know how lonely I feel. 

The Lone Deer (detail)
Lone Deer 2012
Carved carpenter's pencil

The Lone Deer
Another view of "Lone Deer".

4 comments:

Louise said...

Just so absolutely amazing!

Diem Chau said...

Thank you Louise!

Intangible Hearts said...

I hope you get to go to Milan soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the shadow of the bear! So wonderful and yet even smaller than your other work...