Friday, March 26, 2010

3000 Yards And Counting!

3000 Yards and Counting!
I haven't kept track of how many pieces I've made, but I do keep track of how many spools of thread I go through.  I'm almost done with a 3000 yard cone of thread!  I started with this cone in 2007... I've since switched to Gütermann's polyester threads for my main embroidery and reserve the big cone for the "hair" in my work.  I'm very happy with the quality of their threads.  It doesn't fuzz or fray even when I undo the stitching several times to rework my lines.  It's also just thick enough for my purposes... I get really nice clean lines out of it.  I've gone through 2 of the Gütermann 250 meter spools within the last year, so I guess it's 3500 yards and counting! 

4 comments:

Le Tang said...

I just discovered your work and I have to tell you, it's amazing. Absolutely beautiful!

Diem Chau said...

Thank you Le Tang!

Ash said...

Just found your blog while googling. ^_^

I sew for critters with machine, and I was so incredibly proud to finish off my first cone!!!

I am bookmarking this blog. Woot!

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Ash. I know it's funny to celebrate such a thing, but once you do you know how much work it takes!